[cumbria_lug] *Yawn*

Mat Brunt cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 12:22:01 2003

> I just had my car vandalised so I'm having a busy form-filling time just
> this week, getting ADSL and Sky at the same time too.

Welcome to the broadband revolution, if your anything like me you won't
know how you lived without it! (now awaiting flames from the non-broadband
people....<cough>....Smurf)

> Has any of you 'Broadband band' got or tried an Alcatel 330 broadband
> modem ? It seems popular with the various ISP's... Demon in particular

Not tried the modem but I'll have a look about for it. Not sure if Demon
endorsing it is such a good thing, went on a DNS course last week and
found out Demon have a wide open DNS server, as well as having no
maintenance or structure to their records. Still, it was good to learn how
not to do it!

Mat