[cumbria_lug] *Yawn*

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 22:43:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 12:21, Mat Brunt wrote:

> Welcome to the broadband revolution, if your anything like me you won't
> know how you lived without it! (now awaiting flames from the non-broadband
> people....<cough>....Smurf)
Hehe, damn right.  Its like loosing a leg when I have to use my GPRS in
Norfolk.

> Not tried the modem but I'll have a look about for it. Not sure if Demon
> endorsing it is such a good thing, went on a DNS course last week and
> found out Demon have a wide open DNS server, as well as having no
> maintenance or structure to their records. Still, it was good to learn how
> not to do it!
Demon were always a very good Dial-Up ISP for me, but when I decided to
get ADSL, I heard bad things about them and decided to go for Zen
instead.  Who are brilliant.

I use a cheap dabsvalue (connexant) router thingy with a Linux box.

Chris