[cumbria_lug] RE: Cumbria digest, Vol 1 #173 - 6 msgs

Oran Carmona cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 26 23:37:00 2003

>Tell us about yourself...we're all on intimate terms here, some have
>even come close to giving blood ;-) Come on, spill the beans!

Well, let's see: I'm in my mid-40's, I've got good hair, engaging eyes and a nice smile and a GSOH... uhm... oops, wrong
e-mail! 8^)

I've worked in Corporate IT for the last 8 years or so in the City of London working with Unix systems across the
spectrum. Mostly big IBM and Sun h/w. Started out as a lowly SA, and ended up managing small herds of contractors with
the odd permie thrown in for yuks. I know a few languages but tend to stick to perl and shell scripting. I run a variety
of distros on my desktop and laptop. Mostly RH derivatives but Gentoo is my absolute fave but a bugger without
bandwidth. Totally rock-solid, once you get it built. Some people might not want to bother with having to compile every
last program that you run but I found it worthwhile because I had far fewer problems with stability, configuration
crosstalk... and nearly zero dependency issues.

That's all the beans I've got time for...