Re[4]: [Cumbria] Chores

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 18:42:00 2003

Hello Paul,

OK, maybe a fuller reply is required...

> Mmm. Well thanks for the advice but there is one thing in there that
> indicates that you don't use qmail-scanner :).

I've used, and implemented qmail in a commercial environments for
quite some time. Looking at my simple diagram I can see how I may have
misled you.

What I meant by that was that Qmail would check the domain and from
that decide on the SMTP route (ie send out to the gateway or to the
filtering system).

>  The bit that says (filter
> Y|N). That's the problem that I have getting qms to y/n. There is no
> support in the system for that and there doesn't apear to be any patches
> that would let me do it. I have some one who knows perl at the moment
> who is going to try and modulise qms. I am not confident that the person
> in question will have the time to do it. So. If there is any perl people
> out there who fancy helping us out on a modulised qms project let me
> know :).

Qmail supports SMTP routing based on domain name. This is a very simple
task (if that is what is required).

Writing a module is a tad overkill, unless I'm missing the point of
what you wish to do.

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk