[cumbria_lug] Mandrake 9.2

Adam Pigg adam at piggz.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 07:26:55 GMT 2003

Been running 9.2 as of tonight :)

Tried an upgrade from 9.1 a few days ago but it went horribly wrong....It
wasnt mandrakes fault though, i traced it to a bad dimm that was causing
major corruption on my drive...so now i only have 256mb :(

Well, with the dimm out and a fresh install everything is looking good so
far...i opted not to install kde from 9.2 and went straight to kde3.2 beta
1...if you want the rpms for mandrake look at the story on slashdot,
otherwise, if anyone wants them i can bring them to the next meeting.  They
even installed with only 2 or 3 broken dependencies (because i missed
downlaoding a few rpms like kdegames), which was nice.  Anyway, mandrake 9.2
+ kde3.2 is very nice....kde 3.2 is very polished already and a big
improvement over 3.1 (what did you expect a koffice developer to say, that it
was crap? :o).

The only annoying problem i have is with the rpm signatures...i have to press
Y each time i install something because the signature is invalid...will have
to look at it later, its not a big problem.

Well, back to downloading all my cvs source code so i can start compiling
again.

 C Ya