[cumbria_lug] Mandrake 9.2

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Wed Nov 5 15:32:16 GMT 2003

Mat Brunt said:
> Has anyone tried accessing their hotmail accounts through Gaim tonight
as
> well?
> I'm sure my setup is right but it keeps telling me 'Protocol not
supported'.
> And even though I can resolve the server name it gives me its not
responding to ping.

MSN recently disabled the older protcols, forcing everyone to use the
newer, more secure one. Make sure you're using a recent version of Gaim
(latest is 0.72). You can:

 - upgrade using apt-get/synaptic (if you've got it/them installed...) -
upgrade using yum (if you've got it installed...)
 - download a pre-built RPM (0.70) it from freshrpms [1] and install with
'rpm -Uvh'
 - download from the gaim website [2] and build it yourself :)

Have fun...

[1]
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/9/gaim/gaim-0.64-fr1.1.i386.rpm
[2] http://gaim.sourceforge.net