[cumbria_lug] SMTP...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Wed Nov 12 13:03:50 GMT 2003

I'm planning on building an SMTP server for my home network, and wondered
which one people thought was best (I know a few of you run SMTP boxes)...

I've heard of:

 - sendmail
 - postfix
 - qmail

Are there any others (worth considering)? Which should I use?

This is only going to act as a simple (outbound) router between me and the
'net - I have access to another SMTP server, but it's running sendmail
8.9.3 which doesn't support SMTP_AUTH which I want to use to work around
my problems with Evolution not sending mail (which I've narrowed to down
to the fact that Evo doesn't keep it's IMAP sessions open, which breaks
'POP before SMTP' authentication). That, and it's something new to do...
:)

Cheers,
--
Schwuk