[cumbria_lug] last nights virtual meet

Nolan nolan at copperstream.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 22:54:09 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,
Just joined last week and am a COMPLETE Linux newbie and have spent the last
month or so fumbling my way around (mainly) SuSE 9.0.
I'm really enjoying trying to figure out how to get things done in Linux
although the monitor has almost went out the window on a couple of occasions
:)
I am however familiar with IRC and will log into the channel whenever i am
online.

> IRC is a very useful tool, and one that the LUG is going to make use of.

I agree with this, it is way better than ICQ etc and you have control of who
gets into the channel.
Cannot make the meet this Friday due to 12 hour nightshift but hope to make
the next one.

Best regards

Nolan