[cumbria_lug] KDE 3.2 beta

Adam Pigg adam at piggz.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 17:09:02 GMT 2003

Does this mean i have to try gnome? :o)

As far as the crashes go....i had that with the beta rpms on mandrake, but
since downloading the whole kde cvs (and updating regularly) i found it much
more stable.

I can recomend doing the following
right click on panel
add
applet
runaway process catcher

It will sit on the taskbar and look for processes that are hogging resources
and offer to kill them, also alowing you to add to an 'ignore' list

you could also add the ksysguard applet to monitor cpu/mem/net etc, you just
drag and drop monitors from the main ksysguard application onto the applet to
have them monitored all the time.

Ive also got kontact working with pgpmime (only inline encryption works by
default) so if anyone needs to know how just ask, its quite complex, there is
a guide but it doesnt tell you everything.

Well, thats 1 gnomer almost converted, who's next?

PiggZ

adam at piggz.co.uk
www.piggz.co.uk