[cumbria_lug] 2.6 Kernel

Adam Pigg adam at piggz.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 11:27:56 GMT 2003

Initial impressions before i go out of the house are:

While playing mp3/ogg and compiling 4 parts of kde cvs in 4 konsole sessions
and using pretty much 100% cpu constantly there is very little break up of
the audio like there used to be in 2.4.

If i drag a large window around the screen aswell then the audio does break
up, but this is without preemt enabled, so i might rebuild with pre-empt
enabled later, even though it may be a bit dodgy.

So, id say  it seems a bit better on the desktop than 2.4, but i havnt exactly
exhaustively tested it.

Adam

- --
adam at piggz.co.uk