[cumbria_lug] Hi All!

Roger Cope roger.cope at morphaniel.com
Sat Apr 3 15:51:35 BST 2004

>Hi guys,

Hi Martin!

>I've just subscribed to the mailing list. I'm from Carlisle and I hope
>to enjoy keeping in touch with the mailing list and maybe even venture
>out to some meetups.

Hello and welcome.

>Considering I feel it would be a waste of a post just to say hello,
>I'll ask what distro people are using currently.

I have RedHat 9 on a machine I use as my general purpose server and a very
non standard distribution from Microsoft on my main machine. I will be
switching the server to Fedora Core 2 when it is released. Had hoped to be
doing that over Easter with the test version but the hopeless salesperson at
Time/Tiny neglected to actually put my order on his system and so I am
sulking and refusing to have another go at buying a new machine for a few
weeks.

Why use Time/Tiny? Why not... If you buy their basic models (no software, no
monitor, no freebies) you get a decent value kit of parts with a reasonable
chance that it'll all work properly. Rip their software off, strip the
machine down completely, rebuild, add your own software and Bob usually
marries your Dad's sister.

Roger