Presentations (was Re[2]: [cumbria_lug] Location, location, location...)

Russ Phillips avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 6 12:31:16 BST 2004

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:44:07 +0100
> From: Ian Linwood <ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com>
> Subject: Re[2]: [cumbria_lug] Location, location, location...
 >
> I suffer from stage fright, count me out in presentations. There is a
> video of me as best man at a wedding. I fell to pieces, burbled, and
> confused the hell out of everyone. Lost the plot doesn't cover it. But
> I'll be very forward with my opinions wether they are asked for or not
> :-)

Possibly not one of my better ideas :-) I'm not sure I'm much better at
presentations. I don't know if I still do this, but once when I was
explaining a set of rules to a table-full of wargamers, my Yorkshire
accent apparently suddenly broadened to the point of being
indecipherable :-)

I suggested presentations because I think other LUGs do them, but I
don't know how well they'd work. I suspect the stage-fright effect would
be less severe for me at a LUG meet, because I know the people and there
aren't too many of them.

Russ