[cumbria_lug] Location, location, location...

Ian Linwood ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com
Wed Apr 7 00:05:16 BST 2004

Hello Steve,

ST> I don't mind travelling , and taking Schwuk's idea a bit further, we've had
ST> an offer of both Carlisle and Whitehaven.  Could we alternate between both?

Good idea - seconded.

>>2) Would you prefer formal or informal meetings?

ST> I like both.  A more formal would be useful for a presentation if we all
ST> know that someone who's good with a particular aspect and doesn't mind
ST> delivering a carefully crafted speech (without powerpoint, *nix tools
ST> allowed though).  I could be fun.

I'm sure you would be.

ST> On the other hand, I also enjoyed the gathering at Duke21 in Whitehaven,
ST> and it was certainly nice to meet Ian (without needing a CO2 bottle to damp
ST> things down a little ;->  ), and would certainly enjoy a social every so
ST> often pretty much anywhere in Cumbria - the location doesn't matter much,
ST> just the people who can attend, so it would be an opportunity to meet those
ST> who can;t get to the extremes .

The feeling is mutual. I equally enjoyed the Duke21 meeting.

I know - I'm hot stuff (as the missus keeps on saying)  ;-)

I promise I'll behave. I've got another trip to London shortly, should
blow off some steam then. (i can hear the "what have I got myself
into" groans from Wigton already)

Schwuk  - last time I was in the Earls Court Area (about 9 months ago) I blew 300 in one
night - but I can remember every minute.  :-)

My best friend, who lives in Basingstoke, spent the same amount and cannot
remember from the time he took the train into London at 1300hrs that
afternoon.

--
Best regards,
 Ian