[cumbria_lug] spam blocking

Steve Turner Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 01:43:05 BST 2004

At 22:03 13/04/2004, Jen wrote:

> > Trevor:-
> > Demon Internet do this already.....It is about 90% effective
>
>If the spam is automatically blocked, how do you know how efficient it is? Or
>do they send you a list of messages blocked or something?

Demon have implemented the Brightmail anti-spam service
(see:  www.brightmail.com).

Although I use the service, I've never had a significant amount of spam
though my primary address, mainly due to paranoia about giving it to any
list or company - that's what I use hotmail (and other throw-away accounts)
for.

Since the Brightmail anti-spam system has been in place, I've seen a drop
in the amount of spam I get, from 2 or 3 a day, to about 1 now.  You don't
get a report or anything for the stuff that's rejected.  It's just removed
at the server end without notice.