[cumbria_lug] Saunders and spam

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Tue Apr 13 22:43:07 BST 2004

The best defense against spam I have found is a combination of having my
own domain name, procmail, and Thunderbird (Mozilla Mail).

Having my own domain name allows me to use a different address for each
site/list, so if I start receiving spam on an address a) I know who
released my address and b) I can block it using procmail.

Thunderbird's bayesian (sp?) filters allow me to catch any that slip
through, or come in on my main address. I've never had a problem with it
filtering legit mail.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk