[cumbria_lug] Blocking Spam

Martin Alderson mail at martinalderson.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 19:37:43 BST 2004

On 14 Apr 2004, at 13:12, trevor at haven.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Schwuk wroted:
> The best defense against spam I have found is a combination of having
> my
> own domain name, procmail, and Thunderbird (Mozilla Mail).
>
> The more defenses against spam the better exlaims trevor excitedly.

I'd agree with the combination, but personally I've found Thunderbird
junk mail terrible. They have implemented a new algothrim which will be
in 0.6, but personally I find Apple Mail the best at blocking junk
mail.

BTW, what is Ximain's evolution like when it comes to junk mail? It
seems like a very capable client apart from that.

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin at intechhosting.co.uk
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk