[cumbria_lug] IPCop

Russell Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Tue Dec 21 10:47:43 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 10:21 +0000, Schwuk wrote:

> Has anyone any experience opinion on IPCop[1]?

I used IPCop 1.2.0 some time ago, and I installed it where my wife
works. Both were dial-up, I've never used it with ADSL, but I was very
happy with it. I found the support to be very good, in contrast to my
experiences with Smoothwall [1], which I had used previously. I liked
the Smoothwall package, but sometimes felt that GPL users were looked
upon with disdain (I seem to recall that Richard Morell referred to
users of Smoothwall GPL as "freeloaders"), and the mailing lists didn't
seem to be as helpful.

I haven't used either for over a year, though.

Russ

[1] http://www.smoothwall.org/