[cumbria_lug] IPCop

Steve Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 01:01:49 GMT 2004

Schwuk wrote:
> Whilst we're on the topic of firewalls...
>
> With my imminent move to ADSL (finally!) and considering my aging RH8.0
> based firewall, it's time to look at something new.
>
> Has anyone any experience opinion on IPCop[1]?
>
> [1] http://www.ipcop.org/

I had a quick look at the IpCop site.  If I wasn't using my machine for
other services as well as the basic stuff, I'd be seriously tempted to
use it.  I might at some point just wack it onto a spare machine just to
have a proper look at sometime.

On the plus side, it looks (to my untrained eye) that you could probably
  adapt it into a small embedded appliance as well..  nice small box,
disk on flash etc.  Hmmm  another small project (if I had time)