[cumbria_lug] [Fwd: FLOSS in Education Conference]

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Mon Jan 12 17:54:32 GMT 2004

Name: Tony Whitmore
Job: Technical Administrator
Company: Regents Park Girls School
Telephone: 02380 325444
Email: tonywhitmore at users.sourceforge.net
Subject: FLOSS in Education Conference
Message: Hi,

I'm a member of Hampshire LUG and I am also involved in SchoolForge-UK,
the voluntary organisation that promotes the use of Free, Libre and Open
Source Software in Education. We're having a conference in February in
London. Confirmed speakers include two MPs and a Professor, along with
many people already working with FLOSS in schools. All we need now are
delegates! If other LUGs are anything like Hants, then there may be
several members who would be interested in attending the conference.

More details on the conference are available here:
http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/flossie/conference200402.html

Please pass this on to LUG members if you feel it appropriate.

Thank you,

Tony Whitmore