[cumbria_lug] Meeting on Friday - Revolution OS?

Russ avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 24 16:55:45 BST 2004

Mark Andrews wrote:

> In terms of projector etc have you got suitable speakers etc. I assume your
> DVD player has a scart socket, I'll bring the connectors I need from scart
> to the projector.

We've got some spare computer speakers that we're going to rig up to the
DVD player. We bought the cable today, so we can have better (ie stereo)
sound for films, and we can use it as a CD/MP3 player.

The DVD has a scart socket, so no problems there.

> Is there any bits your missing for the scouts computers? I have huge amounts
> of random stuff at work, I'll dig out the missing bits for ya...also I have

We're not missing much, but if you have any spare keyboards and/or mice,
they could be useful. Also, spare hard drives. Currently, we have one
complete machine (P133, 64MB, 4.3GB HDD, FDD, CD-ROM, monitor). We have
enough bits to make another, but the largest hard drive is about 2.1GB.

> about 4-5 14or15" screens fully working if anyone wants them...they are
> located at the school in silloth though so I dunno how that works for
> anyone.

We might if we get more boxes. We've currently got two enough bits for
two base units, and we've got two spare monitors. If we get more base
units, then we'd need more monitors. So, we definitely maybe want them :-)

Russ