[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 11th June

Russ Phillips avantman42 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 10 11:01:46 BST 2004

Trevor Pearson wrote:

> I will be there if there is a there to be, I have been uncommunicative

Jen & I will be there, and I suspect various people will turn up without
letting us know, so there will be a there to be :-)

> endless trivial
> problems (two users have decided they need two monitors on their p.c.s)

I had two monitors for a while when I was on placement - a 19" CRT and a
17" LCD. Happy memories :-) Just a shame I had to use them to code in
VB. A real waste :-(

> In the happy world of linux I see Linus has decreed that all
> contributions are to be accompanied by a declaration of originality.

We saw something about that in the FSF's newsletter. Apparently the GNU
project has always had a system for tracing who/where code came from,
declarations of originality, etc.

Russ