[cumbria_lug] Meeting announcement - Friday 11th June

Ian Linwood ian_linwood_clug at dinwoodie.freeuk.com
Mon Jun 14 20:36:17 BST 2004

Hello Schwuk,

Sunday, June 13, 2004, 8:41:33 PM, you wrote:

S> The instructions I were following were perfect. I was just an impatient
S> idiot... :D

Oh, I must go fishing more often! Got a serious nibble there  ;-)
I've got a spare rhino skin suit you can have - you're obviously in need of a
thicker skin.

No offence meant mate. Just some friendly banter...

(only a few people will understand the following)

"A serious error has occurred in module LISA.EXE" Please contact your
systems administrator - for a laugh.

Different bait used this time...

Never mind - you can propagate my story of *configuring* a 3600 Cisco.

Yes, we all trip over our own mistakes. Ok, hands up everyone, who
hasn't done monumentally STOOPID thing when working on IT - no hand
then

* Plugging 240v into 110v PSU
* cutting off middle finger with garden sheers
* Flashing motherboard/modem/card with the WRONG BIOS!!
* Mounting an electric motor in a Meccano model without insulation,
then plugging it into the mains (I was 11 yrs old!)
* Repairing flex on hoover whilst it is still plugged into mains.
* 'rm -rf' in an inappropriate directory.
* putting too much force on a screwdriver, whilst trying to get a
HS/fan off a socket (hint - creating new track on motherboard)
* Running myself over with an agricultural tractor (yes you read
correctly - I still have the scar running up my rib cage).
* hey, the list is endless...

As perfect as I am, I still ferk up. Seeing someone of your ability do
the same, makes me feel a shed load better.

Cheers.
--
Best regards,
 Ian