[cumbria_lug] [Fwd: [lugmaster] Linux Seminar - March 23rd 2004]

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Fri Mar 5 13:58:18 GMT 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [lugmaster] Linux Seminar - March 23rd 2004
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:54:52 +0000
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard at sheflug.co.uk>
To: lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk

Hi

Looks like our annual Linux seminar will go ahead.  The planned date
just now is for Tuesday 23rd of March.  This year's seminar may prove
to be better than previous attempts.  You may wish to pencil this
into your diary so that you don't miss it.  The venue will be
Sheffield Wednesday's football stadium.  For more information about
the seminar have a look at....

http://www.sheflug.co.uk/seminar.html

You will need to book for the seminar.  This will cost you nothing at
all.  A free lunch is included.   To register you can also call 0870
240 3934.   The Club UKonline site has a booking form for online
booking at...

http://www.clubukonline.co.uk/local-events/eventdetail.asp?id=60

On the evening of the 24th of March Dr Ruediger Berlich will be with
us from Germany to give a lecture at www.shu.ac.uk about grid
computing.  The room number has not been fixed so far but we'll know
the exact venue by next week.   More about Ruediger.....

After obtaining a masters degree in physics, Ruediger Berlich started
working in particle physics research at the Werner Heisenberg
Institute in Munich. In 1998 he joined German  Linux distributor SuSE
Linux AG, where he built the support department of SuSE's US office,
before becoming managing director of SuSE's UK branch, SuSE Linux
Ltd. In August 2001 Ruediger joined Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum in
Sheffields German twin town to complete a Ph.D. in the field of
distributed computing  and particle physics. He graduated from
university in January  2004 and is preparing  to go back into
industry.

We shall reveal details of how to book yourself into this event
shortly.   This will cost you nothing.   We hope to have light
refreshments available on the evening of the lecture.  The lecture
starts at about 19.00 after refreshments at 18.30 and finishes at
about 21.00.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.co.uk