[cumbria_lug] Topic(s) for next meeting...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Thu Mar 18 16:43:19 GMT 2004

Before the announcement is posted for the next meeting, I thought it
would be best to get some ideas for topics before hand. As much fun as
install fests are... :)

Here's a couple of things I'd like to cover:

  - Streaming media: I've got huge library of MP3 & Ogg files, plus a
USB Radio. For a project idea, I though it would be fun to set up a
streaming media server using icecast to stream the files, and ices
encode the radio input for streaming through icecast.

  - Services for Unix: I know this is a Microsoft product, and hence
taboo for some people ;), but I'm interested in seeing what it has to
offer, and I'm sure others might be too.

Any other ideas? Comments? Suggestions?

The thundering silence that my posts normally receive will be construed
as assent in this case. :)

Cheers,
--
Schwuk