[cumbria_lug] Sagem F@st 800 Modem & RH8.0

Alex Fleming afnw35342 at clara.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 21:17:54 GMT 2004

Hey all!

Sorry I've not been very active recently but I hope to make up for that now.

Finally got broadband - weeyyyy! - and I'm trying to get it connected up on
RedHat 8.0.  I've got the appropriate driver off the Sagem website but 1 of
the pre-reqs is the gcc-cpp rpm package.  I've googled it, I've asked Jeeves
and been on all kinds of linux sites but I can't find the RH 8.0 version of
the package anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated.

Once that's sorted and all working, what should I be looking at in terms of
anti-virus protection, firewall settings or some other thing that could jump
up and bite me.  Not asking for all the answers necessarily but a finger
board in the right direction would be good.

Thanks in advance

Alex