[cumbria_lug] Sagem F@st 800 Modem & RH8.0

Michael Saunders mike at aster.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 22:31:19 GMT 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Alex Fleming wrote:

> I've got the appropriate driver off the Sagem website but 1 of the
> pre-reqs is the gcc-cpp rpm package.  I've googled it, I've asked
> Jeeves and been on all kinds of linux sites but I can't find the RH
> 8.0 version of the package anywhere.

Sounds like the driver was written with Mandrake in mind -- that
distro uses 'gcc-cpp' for the C Preprocessor package. Red Hat, OTOH,
doesn't tie it to GCC in name and it can be found at:

ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/8.0/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/cpp-3.2-7.i386.rpm

If the driver is an RPM and can't be installed without that specific
dependency, try the '--force --nodeps' command line options. It should
work from there on; if not, set fire to Sagem's offices for stupidity.

Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk