[cumbria_lug] Topic(s) for next meeting...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Thu Mar 18 22:49:56 GMT 2004

Russ Phillips wrote:
> What's a USB radio? Sounds cool, though.

Nothing too exciting - it's a FM radio receiver, powered and controlled
through USB, and outputs through a lineout jack. It can only pick up one
station at a time, but it can be controlled through code.

> Not sure about this one. I always thought Services for Unix was a server
> product, that allowed a Windows server to do things like export NFS
> directories. Am I wrong, or just woefully misguided? I might be interested to
> learn more, although I have no use for a Windows server now, and am unlikely
> to have a use for one in the future. So, if it is just a Windows server
> thing, I'm less interested than if it could be useful on a Windows client.

It's a Windows thing, not a Windows Server thing. Here's the feature list:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/productinfo/features/default.asp

I've not used it (yet, but I've played with Cygwin in the past), but I'm
only interested from the workstation side - if I want unix on the
server, I'll run unix on the server. :)

Cheers,
--
Schwuk