[cumbria_lug] Ideas for meetings...

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Thu Oct 14 10:17:27 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 20:41, Adam Pigg wrote:
> Well, id like the oportunity to be more productive, ie, code, and get others
> input while coding or maybe even testing.

How about a "show and tell" style evening - people who have a pet
project (e.g. You with Kexi/Amarok, Russ with InsTar/OOo Macros, me with
Mono) get a set amount of time to present it to the others.

It should work for all because the presenters are more likely to turn up
as they are pimping a project they care about, and the non-presenters
are more likely to turn up as it will be chance to learn something as
well as the obvious social side.

Also, there are now a new bunch on students in the county at the various
colleges and uni campuses - I know there are no real computer courses
(apart from Carlisle College and possibly West Cumbria), but is there
someway we could 'target' them to let them know about the LUG and FOSS
in general?

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy (aka Schwuk)