[cumbria_lug] Ideas for meetings...

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Thu Oct 14 20:18:48 BST 2004

Some good suggestions. Here are my thoughts:

Coding.
I don't code. Can't, and have no particular reason or inclination to learn.
However, I'm willing to play guinea pig to anyone who has code they want me
to test. So a coding night could be good.

Show & tell
That'd be good. I'd be interested to here what LUG members are up to. I'm sure
you don't spend your time living under rocks, after all.

How-to
Could also be good, but it'd be difficult to find something that people: A are
interested in; B don't already know; and C is the right technical level for
people to learn in an evening.

Other nights
Weekends are best for me, because I'm busy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and
Thursday nights. That said, if meets happen on other nights sometimes so that
others can get there, go ahead.

Location
I'll travel up to an hour's drive from Carlisle, though the closer it is, the
more likely I am to turn up. Office space to bring PCs along would be good if
we can find it. Our house is big enough to be semi-adaptable so we could have
a few machines up and running. I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to
cover room hire if needed.

So, yeah, whatever, count me in. We just need people to come forward and say
"I want to run an evening on..." I'm racking my brains for something I could
do, but I really don't think there is. Maybe in a few years, and in the mean
time, I'm happy to play hostess and provide cups of tea and coffee :-)

Hugs,

Jen