[cumbria_lug] Re boot problem after XP reinstall

guy.murray at boltblue.com guy.murray at boltblue.com
Mon Oct 18 20:06:12 BST 2004

Hi,
   many thanks Dave, worked a treat.

Miraculously I managed to find the RH boot floppy I made when I installed it and
took it from there.

Incidently, I tried using the 1st install CD but came up against a problem I
encountered when I first installed RH9. After booting from one CD drive, it then
expects the CD to be in the other one. Thus after trying "linux rescue" after
going through the language settings it told me there was no CD in the drive!
Unfortunately it also locked the drive so I couldn't take it out and put it in
the other. Good job I kept the boot floppy.

ta

Guy