[cumbria_lug] Bespoke software job

Dave Murphy schwuk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:51:18 BST 2005

On 27/08/05, angie ahl <angie at vertebrate.co.uk> wrote:
> Hold up guys. You're both right.

Don't worry Angie, Ian and I have been baiting each other for years!

> As this is my profession which I do get paid quite a bit for (when I do
> actually charge what I should, I'm not claiming to be a brilliant
> business person).

You do web (development|design) don't you? I found it's impossible to
charge correctly (especially round here) because people really don't
understand how much work or expertise there really is in doing it.
They expect far too much for too little money.

> Mind you I did switch from Linux to FreeBSD for the same reason...
> Ducking now ;)

No need to duck too much (apart from using the wrong *BSD that is...),
I never really "got" Linux (or rather UNIX) until I learnt OpenBSD
which was in fact due to Ian.

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy (Schwuk)