[cumbria_lug] Bespoke software job

angie ahl angie at vertebrate.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 17:36:25 BST 2005

On 27 Aug 2005, at 15:41, Dave Murphy wrote:

> On 27/08/05, angie ahl <angie at vertebrate.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hold up guys. You're both right.
>
> Don't worry Angie, Ian and I have been baiting each other for years!

Thought so ;)

> You do web (development|design) don't you? I found it's impossible to
> charge correctly (especially round here) because people really don't
> understand how much work or expertise there really is in doing it.
> They expect far too much for too little money.

That's so true. Having moved up here from Brighton it really does feel
like it's 3 years behind up here.
Not to say there's no talented people but I actually got used to
everywhere having a website in Brighton. There's sweet FA on the net
about the places in Penrith. And DSL's only come out in the last year
so hardly anyone local has broadband. In fact we were the ones telling
them it had finally arrived !

> No need to duck too much (apart from using the wrong *BSD that is...),
> I never really "got" Linux (or rather UNIX) until I learnt OpenBSD
> which was in fact due to Ian.

Go on then, what's so great about OpenBSD.

Cheers

Angie