[cumbria_lug] New Years Eve House Cooling Party

Jen Phillips jen at phillipsuk.org
Sat Dec 10 13:17:08 GMT 2005

If you have received this message it's because you're invited to our New
Years Eve cum House Cooling Party. I wasn't sure if everyone had
addresses and such, so I figured I'd send an email round to make sure.
We are at: 19 Port Road, Carlisle.

Crash space is available, please let us know if you need it (I know some
of you have already shouted up that you do). Because I'm currently out
of work and there are extra bank holidays because of the way the days
fall, I don't need to be anywhere any time, so if anyone wants to stay
for a few nights, you'd be more than welcome. Some of you are travelling
quite a way, so it might make the trip more worthwhile, and might avoid
having a 5 hour drive with a hangover. The few days either side of New
Years Eve are likely to be filled with random DVDs.

If you let us know when you're likely to be arriving, we can make sure
someone will be in and time the beer and nibbles runs around it. If
you're travelling by coach or train, we can probably arrange to meet you
at the station. If you need to get in touch, you can email us or call us
on 01228 540518.

How to get here by car - leave the M6 at Junction 43, and follow signs
for the infirmary. Head into the city along the main road, then fork
right at the church. Follow the road round to the left, past the
part-built college on the right. At the crossroads, get in the left hand
lane, but turn right. Follow the dual carriageway down to Hardwicke
Circus roundabout, and take the first exit. Stick in the left hand lane
and follow this dual carriageway past the castle, under the plastic
bridge, and over the crossroads. Bear left at the roundabout and up the
hill. Turn right just before the pedestrian crossing, onto Ashley
Street. Find somewhere to park near the bottom of the hill. Walk down to
the main road at the bottom and turn right, and our house is the first
one on the right, with steps up to the white front door.

Hope to see you soon.

Hugs,

Jen