[cumbria_lug] Plea - please take some computers!

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:55:56 GMT 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:51:00 -0500, jenruss+russ at mail.plus.net
<jenruss+russ at mail.plus.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a slightly unusual request. The school that I am currently working
> at has a large number (about 90) of second hand computers that they want to
> give away. I'm trying to find homes for them.

Are there any charities nearby that could usefully use them?

The Hampshire LUG often donates (and buys) old kit to (and from) a
local charity.

I appreciate Cumbria and Hants LUGs can't get too much further apart
within the UK, so I'm not suggesting you lug (geddit?) them all the
way down here.. maybe a look at

http://www.computersforcharities.co.uk/
http://www.itforcharities.co.uk/

May help.