[cumbria_lug] Asterisk (the Gaul)

Dave Murphy schwuk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:30:16 BST 2005

So I downloaded and installed Asterisk at Home, and I have to say I am
*mightily* impressed.

Like most F/OSS projects it does have it's rough edges, but these are
mainly due to the technical nature of the problem it's solving rather
than any failing in the project itself. I've now got myself a number
of internal extensions (with voicemail!), and outbound calls handled
by Sipgate [1]. Haven't figured out inbound calls yet, and I've yet to
get outbound/inbound working with my other provider [2] but I hope to
sort both of those out in short order.

I'm now spending my time trawling through eBay looking for cheap
hardware handsets!

[1] www.sipgate.co.uk
[2] voip.nildram.net

Cheers,