[cumbria_lug] Broadband and Linux

Steve Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 21:19:31 BST 2005

I have to admit, I've a nice little router sitting under my stairs.  I
went for the more expensive Zyxel Prestige 652 as I wanted some of the
security features for later use.  I haven't had any problems with it
apart from when BT drops the line occasionally, or messes up somewhere
else.  Most of the time, I never know there has been a problem, as the
router automatically sorts itself out.

I've setup a few routers for people on a few different ISP's, and don't
seem to have had any problems.  btw: If anyone has any hints about
getting it right for AOL I'd be greatful (apart from the "don't")  ;-)