[cumbria_lug] [Fwd: Cumbria Lugs]

Russ Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Thu Sep 8 12:26:32 BST 2005

Bob Groves wrote:

 >> Bloody hell! I'd emigrate FOR the Guinness! Have you tasted it in
 >> Dublin? Gorgeous!
 >

 > Agreed. I haven't a clue how or why they make Guinness better in
Dublin, but for some reason it always tastes better there. Maybe it's
the air? (I doubt it!)

I've not drunk it in Dublin, but I have drunk it in other parts of
Ireland, and it is bloody marvellous. As for why, apparently they use
water from the River Liffy in Dublin for Irish Guinness, and water from
the Thames for English Guinness. Jen tells me that the Liffy is very
badly polluted, so maybe that's the secret ;-)

Mind you, I hear that they're stopping production in London, and they're
just going to ship the Irish stuff over here, so maybe we'll get the
good stuff anyway :-)

Russ