[cumbria_lug] BIND 9 Serving XP and 2003 Server

Malcolm Logan malcolm.logan at stl.org
Thu Feb 2 00:36:38 GMT 2006

Hi all,

A while ago I successfully setup BIND for our Windows AD Service Locator
Records.

We now have added the 'wonderful' Microsoft RMS to our network.

It would appear that the service locators for this reside within the
Windows DNS (if I use BIND DNS I don't have the option of signing into
our corporate RMS, if I use Windows DNS I do) and yet I can find no
trace of RMS within the windows DNS apart, from a CNAME record for
ourorg_rms.ourADdomain.ourdomain.org to the actual RMS server,
rmsserver.ourADdomain.ourdomain.org

Anybody accomplished this / seen documentation etc etc etc ??