[cumbria_lug] Ruby / Ruby on Rails

Dave Murphy (Schwuk) dave at schwuk.com
Thu Mar 23 23:53:17 GMT 2006

Luke Antins wrote:
> Has anyone else played with Ruby / Ruby on Rails? Opinions? Suggestions?
> Gripes?

I've been trying to get to grips with Ruby on Rails for quite a while
now, but this last week has been something of breakthrough for me. I've
learnt a lot about Ruby (which I now really like, partly due to the
language and partly due to it's modules like Builder and FasterCSV), and
I now fell I "get" Rails as well.

It's definitely a "keeper" in my book, and for the foreseeable will be
my framework of choice for web stuff. :)

My blog uses Typo (which is a RoR app), and I host it through lighttpd
which I also love.

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com