[cumbria_lug] Linux use

Keith Abraham keith at keithabrahm.port995.com
Fri Dec 7 01:51:16 GMT 2007

David Priestley wrote:
> Hi,
> Just wondering what people up here use Linux for?
> I've got an Asterisk PBX, IPCop firewall, laptop & server.
>
> Been playing with Linux for a few years (1992)
> Dropped off the Linux ride for a while in the late 90's.  Climbed back
> aboard in 2000.
>

> DP

I have Linux 2 boxes.
One is more or less Debian stable and the other runs Sidux.
Sidux is remarkably stable for a Debian sid (unstable) distro and is my
main box.

I'm in the process of revamping and producing our community newsletter
and at
the moment this my only "serious" use. The tools I use are gimp, scribus
and gphoto.

For what it's worth M$ windows disappeared from my boxes in 2001.

Keith