[cumbria_lug] Perl or Python: a challenge

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 23 08:07:41 GMT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:58:16 Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 09:39, Luke Antins wrote:
> > It's nice learning a new language... no only do you gain a new
> > skill but you also (or at-least I find) get a better understanding
> > of coding in general some of the things you learn you can move over
> > into your other languages too.
>
> Oh bugger - now I've gone back to my Perl work after my excursion
> into Ruby I keep leaving off the semicolons...

LOL - I have been wondering whether this is a good or bad thing about
Ruby. I've been looking for the best choice for teaching kids to
program. Python has the advantage of being more readily available on
mobile telephones, of course. :-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office: 4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.