[cumbria_lug] internet cafe - Windermere

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu May 29 11:44:39 BST 2008

Hello Pat,

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 11:07 +0100, Pat McVey wrote:
> I've been asked by a organisation in the Windermere area about setting
> up an internet access point with public access.
>
> This is a charity (or will be - charitable status pending).
>
> Anyone with experience in using Linux for this?

We've a fair bit of experience with LTSP [1], which is ideal
for this sort of setup. Most of our work is done with
community groups, and we can help with training ``accidental
techies'' to admin GNU/Linux networks.

> Advice or offers of help welcome.

We're happy to offer advice :-)

Regards,

 - Richard

[1] http://www.ltsp.org/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Terminal_Server_Project

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org