[cumbria_lug] Canon Printer issue and meeting

Joachim Jahn joachim.jahn at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 15:55:23 UTC 2010

Hi John,

It is nice to hear that somebody used an Amiga before and is now a
member of
the LUG in Cumbria. I am kind of new to Linux and have just recently
moved over
completely from XP to Ubuntu 10. I do love the system very much but have
had
a few issues with the printer like you.

Can you please let me know what printer you are using and how it is
connected to
your computer. I had to fix something called Cups in Ubuntu to correctly
recognise
the printer.

With regards to the meeting - I think it would be fun and I would love
to attend
when you have a date set. Maybe somebody could set a little agenda to
let people
know what is planned rather than just get together.

Best Regards

Joachim Jahn