[cumbria_lug] Ubuntu taking over the world

Joachim Jahn joachim.jahn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 12:22:32 UTC 2011

Hi Dave Murphy,

I am quite interested to hear from you regarding the work you do for
Ubuntu as this still my stable favourite distro.
What do you make of the changes planned for the new forth coming new
version with the unity instead of gnome?
I have settle with gnome as it strikes a good balance for my laptop by
only using 140MB RAM and still offering some
nice eye candy to wow my soon with his massive Windows 7.

I want to say thank you for the great advice I received from all of you
for doing my backup and I have now created a list of my dpkg packages
and sync my home folder once a week to a 4GB SD. Pictures and other
stuff also go to the cloud via dropbox = easy access on my HTC phone.

P.S. *To all* what is your best Linux Magazine to buy. I currently buy
Linux Format, but sometimes the articles aren't quite as in depth as I
would like them.

--
Joachim Jahn - little gnome with big nose