[cumbria_lug] South Lakes meeting (Was: Cumbria Digest, Vol 195, Issue 6)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 11:28:53 UTC 2011

Joachim Jahn wrote:

>Come on guys lets get this User Group Started. I
>thing I have a good name for it.
>SLLUG - as in South Lakes Linux User Group.
>
>I thing for the first meeting we should meet in Ulverston and than establish
>what location and venue would be best to host a
>monthly or fortnightly user group
>meeting. I was thinking of an Internet Café if they are still around.
>
>Here are my suggestions for the 1st. meeting.
>
>Saturday - 17th. of December at 2 or 3pm
>Monday  - 19th. of December at 8pm
>Tuesday - 20th. of December at 8pm
>Wednesday - 4th. January at 8pm
>
>Location - Rose & Crown in Ulverston
>
>Possible discussion points
>
>1. Times and Venue for regular meetings
>2. Activities and focus of the group
>3. Regular trips to link with other user groups
>and visits to interesting computer fairs etc.
>4. General ideas how to keep people interested at coming to user groups.

You could try setting a sensible subject, and
also start a new thread (ie NEW message) rather
than replay to a different one - it makes a
difference in archives and mail clients that can
thread messages.

Rose & Crown is OK for me. I'm otherwise engaged
19th and 20th Dec, the other dates are fine.

--
Simon Hobson