[cumbria_lug] verifying postal media

Andrew Carr carr.lisle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:39:31 UTC 2011

John,

The CDs I have handy are 700MB/80mins. I've not burnt an Ubuntu ISO for a few versions (using the Wubi installer instead) but I don't recall any problems in the past.

Are you able to burn ISOs smaller than 700MB? Also, is it the burning of the ISO that fails or is it when it comes to booting from it? Can you burn other types of data to CDs (documents, music etc)?

Hope this helps

Andrew
Carlisle