[cumbria_lug] verifying postal media

John Patterson john at johnpatterson.plus.com
Sat Jun 18 20:32:03 UTC 2011

What (maximum) capacity CD are you using?  I have NEVER been able to
burn an ISO successfully and I suspect that this may be due to the CDs
that I have in stock.  All the Ubuntu downloads that I make seem to be
larger than commonly available blank CDs.  According to Wikipeadia the
specification for CDs may be larger capacity.  Using DVDs didn't work.

I use magazine disks for installation and re-installation and not a
burned ISO.

John Patterson
PENRITH