[cumbria_lug] Nice to hear and see some activity on here

Joachim joachim.jahn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 13:21:39 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

It is nice to see some activity on this LUG mailing list.  I am
relatively new to Linux as well and have used
it over the last couple of years on and off. I have tried many flavors
of distributions on my laptop including
lxde and xfce desktops, but seem to come back to Ubuntu with Gnome for
speed, features and just the
easy use with the software center.

I am still learning a lot especially when it comes to the command line
and I would love to build up my skills
with Linux or BSD in general.
A user group meeting in Cumbria would be great to exchange some of the
experience with other people out
there. It is just hard to know how many there are and if such a regular
meeting would get enough people
support.

Hope to hear from you all.

Joachim from Dalton with a Dell laptop