[cumbria_lug] Nice to hear and see some activity on here

Hassan "Haz" Williamson haz at hazrpg.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 10:29:08 UTC 2011

On 30 March 2011 17:15, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> David Priestley wrote:
>
>> So do we need separate branches then?
>>
>> South Lakeland & North Cumbria
>>
>> Seems there are a few of us around Furness/South Lakes
>>

> From my experience in other fields of interest, I think that's the only way
> it would work. For me, working in a Windows centric company, being able to
> talk with like minded people would be a bonus !
>

> --
> Simon Hobson
>
> Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

I agree... Cumbria is a bit too big to just have it as a single LUG. I'm
sure we could keep this, but would be nice for mini-LUG's for north and
south (maybe?) so that we can arrange some meets etc for those able to join
them easily.

We could still arrange meets, but have maybe one at both ends and those who
can attend either can do so :). Just food for thought at least. It's just
nice to know we could potentially have a decent sized LUG going.

I must say, it is nice to know that people are still signed up to this
mailing list though, and are happy to reply to any mail that gets passed
along. I've been sat for a while to see if anything was happening
(originally shy I guess?) and feared it had come to a halt. Glad I did send
that e-mail out in the end now!

--
Regards,
Haz