[cumbria_lug] Separate user groups

Joachim joachim.jahn at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 11:20:10 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't think we should have separate user groups but I do agree there
should be maybe a meeting in the south lakes i.e Barrow area (pure self
interest ;-) only ) and one in the North Lakes i.e. Carlisle or Penrith.

Simon - Thanks for the offer for the lift to the ManLUG, I might take
you up on this in the future. At the moment the miss is complaining that
I spent to much time on the computer and I don't think she would be too
happy me leaving her for a full day for a Linux meeting.

Does anyone know a good way to backup your system, mainly packages
installed and settings? i back up my files already to a SD card and
additionally to dropbox. I just want to know a way of quickly recovering
my system if I bugger it up again. Not Linux fault usually my fault
changing some settings or something.

Nice to get some activity on here.

Joachim